Below are the Agent system requirements to configure a Copia Agent for the backup of CODESYS v3 projects:
- A licensed copy of CODESYS v3 (v3.5.10 or later).
- Any additional vendor software required for project backup from the devices must be licensed and installed on PC running the Copia Agent. (i.e. Add-on's etc.)
- The Agent should be tested using the installed Beckhoff software, and proven able to backup the project without error.
To configure a project for CODESYS, you will need to already have a repository created with the CODESYS
Click either of the Add a Project buttons in the Projects tab.
The Add a new project configuration dialog will appear which allows you to fully configure the project, devices and job for the project.
Any items highlighted with an asterisk are required.
This is a multi-step process with each section explained in detail. At any time, you can edit the prior section of this workflow.
The project can be edited after creation. Devices and Jobs can also be edited or created directly, using the Devices or Jobs tab. The steps for creation are similar to the steps provided below for those sections.
To get started, we will first select the Project Type from the list provided, and then select an Agent. If you have not already created an Agent, you can create and assign an Agent at a later time. See more about this in the Agents section of the documentation.
When complete, press Save and Continue.
You will now select the Project Path, which is the location (Repo/Branch) that the project is, or will be stored.
You can edit the previous steps at any time.
You will only be allowed to select the appropriate filetype or folder that is allowed for the Project Type. In some cases, a project is required to perform a backup, in other cases, the backup can create the initial backup into an empty project folder.
Once selected, press Save and Continue to proceed.
Enter a Name and Description for the Project. The name would often be that same name as the Project for CODESYS.
After selecting the CODESYS Project type, additional fields will be displayed, as follows:
- CODESYS Version
- This is the version of CODESYS used for the project.
- CODESYS.exe File Path
- The CODESYS software path on the agent. It is recommended to install and use the default.
Press Save and Continue when complete.
The Device Setup section is for defining the device information (PLC, authentication, etc.) that is in your project. If you have pre-created devices, you can add existing devices, otherwise you can Add a Device as seen.
- Enter a unique name in the Device Name field. A common choice may be "projectname_devicename", where devicename is the same as the next field.
- In the Device Name in Project field, enter the name of the PLC exactly how it appears in the CODESYS project tree, as seen below.
Enter a Description and a Username and Password (if applicable). Press Save Device when complete.
Creating Jobs is similar for all vendor types, and is described in the Creating Jobs section. It is recommended to review that section while completing a job configuration, and press Save to save the job. You can create more than one job for a device if desired.
Once complete, press Submit Project Setup to create the Project, Device(s) and Job(s).